[Photo Pages]


Around the Grounds

© Beki Greenwood 2010Let's face it: We have a stunningly gorgeous piece of property. One of the first things newcomers regularly comment on is that the FNCA grounds are simply beautiful! Here's some photos that show exactly that.

NEW photos on this page in recent months:
Title or Theme                               Year     Posted  
"The New Split Rail Fence Along..."  2022      4/4
"Earliest Photo of the Property"       1928      3/29
"Peek-a-Boo Saco"                         2022    12/23
"View from the Boston Cabin"         1995     12/5
"Frank Hall at Night"                      2022     11/24


 2020  2021  2022

 2011  2012  2013  2014  2015  2016  2017  2019

 2001  2008  2009






"Frank Hall at Night"

© Beki Greenwood 2022


"Peek-a-Boo Saco"

© Jesse White 2022


"The New Split Rail Fence Along the Road"

© Jesse White 2022

After camp, a new split rail fence was put up along the roadside of the back field to re-establish our boundary since the trees were taken down by the State in 2019.





"Peaceful Morning Meditation"

© Jesse White 2021



"Merry Christmas from the FNCA!"

© Lee Dyer 2020


"The Main Building from the Bunkhouse"

© Jon Crowe 2020



"Twilight in April"

© Jon Crowe 2019
© Jon Crowe 2019


"End of Twitchell from Lawrence"

© Michelle Velazquez 2019



"Nothing Like Waking Up To This!"

© Jesse White 2017



"River Through the Trees"

© Sarah May Grams 2016


"Wheelbarrow of Pine Needles"

© Jon Crowe 2016


"Newlyweds with a View"

© Beki Greenwood 2016

Troy and Sarah Grams rented the FNCA for their wedding party in July of 2016. A lot of Sarah's very colorful relatives from the U.K. came over for the event, and the Assembly fit the bill perfectly for the wedding reception as well as a place where everyone could stay a few days and experience the beauty of New England. It also introduced her family to this place which she has grown to love so much. 



"Up the River Path"

© Sarah May Grams 2015


"Colgate Searle Ringing the Bell in the Rain"

© Nancy F. Little 2015


"Just a Walk through the Forest"

© Rebekkah Lange 2015


"Walking to the State Line Store"

© Rebekka Lange 2015



"Flowers by the Claxton Cabin"

© Jesse White 2014

"Coming Out of the Woods"

© Ben Phinney 2014


"Main Building through the Blueberry Patch"

© 2014 Kristina Madjerac


"Vista with Sparks Games"

© Jon Cousins 2014



"Deep Greens"

© Jesse White 2013



"The Newly Opened View"

© FNCA 2012



"The View from the West End of the Front Porch"

© Herb Ziegler 2011


"Circle of Cabins"

© Ian Woofenden 2011


"View from the Boston Cabin"

© Trevor 2011

See the same view in 1995.


"The Path Down to the River"

© Jesse White 2011



"This Afternoon, There Will Be a
Baptism on the Lawn"

© Beki Greenwood 2009


"Main Building from Taft Porch"

© Anna Rich 2009


"Path from Murdoch"

© Anna Rich 2009



"On the Path to Frank Hall"

© Beki Greenwood 2008


"Flowers / Lawn / Cabins"

© Beki Greenwood 2008


"Jim Alone"

© Trevor 2008

This is the view of the mountains from the deck on Whitehead Lecture Hall.



"The Saco River and Our Beach
from the Edge of the Lawn"

© Nancy F. Little 2001



"View from the Boston Cabin"

© Cornelia Shields 1995

See this same view in 2011.



"FNCA Entrance 1931
Looking Towards Stark's Hill"

© FNCA 1931
© FNCA 1931



"The Goddard Cabin"

© FNCA 2014

The Goddard Cabin was the very first cabin built at the Assembly. Although it could have been a year or two later, this photo was most likely taken shortly after it was built in 1931.



"The Earliest Known Photo on the Property"

© FNCA 1928

This photo was most likely taken in late September or early October of 1928 shortly after the initial 12 acres was purchased. The map they're holding of the original plans for the Assembly property is now framed and hanging in the Dole Wing next to the door into Whitehead Hall

People in the photo include (from l.): 1. (Gus?) Bischof, 4. George S. Dole, 5. Marjorie Delle, 7. Velma Bates, 8. May Bates, 9. Fred Burdett, 11. John Whitehead.

NOTE: Although at first glance it looks like this photo is dated 1927, the pen indentations on the photo show it to be 1928, which it also says on the back.


[Photo Pages]

84 Main St, Fryeburg, ME 04037 (map)